Tandoori Soya chaap is a perfect party snack/starter recipe. It is a dish from South Asia. It is very popular in India, especially in North India. As I mentioned in my earlier Soya Chaap Sticks recipe Blog, Soya Chaaps are made with soybeans and soybeans are a very high source of protein. It is a vegetarian dish but taste like tandoori chicken, tandoori mutton and tandoori fish. It is very much liked by vegetarians as well as non-vegetarian. The marination actually makes the difference in this recipe. You marinate your star ingredients with soya chaap and keep them aside at least 1 hour, to soak up all the flavours well.
Ingredients for Tandoori Soya Chaap
- 10 Soya chaap sticks
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ cup curd
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder (Optional)
- 2 cubes grated cheese (Optional)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp oil (For shallow fry)
- 2 tsp Kasuri methi
- 1 tsp lemon juice ( Optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- Finely chopped onion rings
- Green coriander-mint chutney
Step by Step recipe for Tandoori Soya Chaap
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients for marination (except soya chaap sticks and oil) and mix it well.
- Add soya chaap sticks on it, cover it and keep it aside for 1-2 hours (minimum 30 minutes) in the refrigerator.
- After that take out the marinated soya chaap sticks from the refrigerator.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan, brush it with some oil and place the marinated soya chaap on the pan.
- Cook it from all the sides until done.
- And your delicious Tandoori chaap is ready to eat.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala and lemon juice on it.
- Serve hot with mint coriander chutney.
- Serve with some finely chopped onion rings and fresh cream. It tastes amazing like Dhaba style tandoori soya chaap.
Enjoy your delicious Tandoori Soya Chaap