Pizza is a trendy dish among our Indian new generation. However, every time we eat pizza, we worry a bit about our health. So, today we are here to talk about a healthy Pizza i.e. Rava Pizza on Tava. Yes, you heard it right, we are making Suji pizza or Rava pizza. Generally, we make pizzas with refined wheat flour (maida) which in turn may lead to indigestion issues but this is an instant pizza without yeast, without oven and of course without maida too. So without wasting further more time lets start with the ingredients list.
Ingredients for Rava Pizza
- 1 cup semolina/suji
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- ½ cup plain curd
- A pinch of baking soda
- Salt to taste
- Some water for making batter
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 capsicum chopped
- Boiled sweet corns
- Pizza sauce (if u don’t have then add some sezwan chutney with tomato sauce, it works wonder for me)
- Some chopped garlic cloves
- Powdered black paper
- Mixed herbs
- Mozzarella cheese
Step by Step Recipe for Rava Pizza
- Take a big bowl and mix rava with rice flour, curd, salt and some water and mix it well without lumps. Make a batter-like idli batter consistency.
- Rest batter for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, let’s prepare pizza sauce (if u don’t have). In a bowl take 2 tbsp sezwan chutney and 1 tbsp tomato sauce and mix it well. U can add some finely chopped garlic and your pizza sauce is ready. Keep it aside.
- After 15 minutes add a pinch of baking soda into the batter and mix it well. If u feel the batter is thick, add some water and adjust consistency.
- Now heat non-stick tava and grease it with a tsp of oil.
- Take 2 ladlefuls of batter and spread it over tava uniformly. Cover with lid and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the batter is cooked from the bottom.
- Flip it over and spread 2 tsp of pizza sauce over it. U can switch off the flame while doing topping.
- Now add crushed mozzarella cheese on it.
- Sprinkle a pinch of black pepper powder.
- Top with onion, tomato, capsicum, sweet corn. U can add any toppings as per your taste.
- Sprinkle some chilli flakes and mix herbs on top.
- Now add some more mozzarella cheese on it to make cheesy pizza.
- Switch on the flame, cover and simmer it for 2-3 minutes or cheese melt completely.
- Switch off the flame, cut it and enjoy your suji pizza hot.
Tips for Cooks and Chefs (Expert Advice)
- Make sure your batter is not very runny and not very thick, it should be like idli batter consistency.
- If u don’t have baking powder add ½ tsp of Eno fruit salt in place of soda.
- You can add any vegetable with your choice even panner too on the topping.
- You can also add some more cheese to make double cheese pizza. Your kids will love this.