Corn pakoda are crispy and tasty fried corn fritters made with gram flour, rice flour, sweet corn or desi corn, spices and herbs. You can serve it as a snack or breakfast and also it is a very easy and quick recipe. Corn is very rich in fibre and many vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. So without wasting time let’s start with corn pakoda ingredients.
Ingredients for corn pakoda
- 2 cup boiled corn kernels
- 1 small onion finely chopped (optional)
- ½ cup gram flour (Besan)
- 2 tbsp rice flour (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ chaat masala
- 2 green chilli finely chopped
- ½ tsp red chilli powder (As per your taste)
- Green coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt as per your taste
- Oil for deep frying
Step by Step Recipe for corn pakoda
- Firstly take boiled corn kernels into a grinder jar and pulse coarsely.
- Add the mixture in a large mixing bowl and mix all the ingredients (except oil) very well.
- Make sure the batter is not runny, it should be like a soft dough.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan or kadhai.
- Make rough balls from the pakoda mixture and drop it into the hot oil.
- Stir occasionally, and fry on medium flame.
- Fry them till the pakoda turns crispy and golden.
- Take out the pakoda’s on a kitchen paper towel.
- And your crispy and tasty corn pakoda’s are ready to serve.
- Serve hot pakoda with green chutney or tomato sauce.
Enjoy crispy and tasty corn pakoda with green chutney and hot tea or coffee in the rainy season and coming winter season. You will surely love this recipe.