Soya Chaap is very popular in North India. It is a very good source of protein and a very healthy and best alternative for meat or chicken. The soya chaap adds great variety to the vegetarian Indian menu. It is prepared with soya beans and soya chunks. Soybeans are a high source of protein and a decent source of both carbs and fat. With soya chaap, we can make different types of recipes like Soya chaap tikka, Tandoori soya chaap, and Soya chaap masala curry.
So let’s start with Ingredients for Delicious Soya Chaap
- ½ cup soya beans
- ½ cup soya chunks
- Refined wheat flour/Maida as required
- Salt to taste
- Icecream sticks as required
Online Recipe for Homemade Soya Chaap
- Take soya beans in a large bowl, add enough water to it and soak overnight.
- Boil ½ cup soya chunks with enough water till they become soft.
- Squeeze all water from soya chunks and grind them to make it a paste.
- Take soaked soya beans into the grinder and make a smooth paste.
- Now in a large mixing bowl add soya beans and soya chunks paste
- Add salt to taste and 2 tbsp maida to it.
- Combine well and knead the dough
- It should be soft and smooth like chapati dough. If required add some more maida to knead into dough.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- After that prepared a large-sized ball, dust the dough with maida, and roll thin.
- Cut into strips with the help of a knife.
- Take the stick and roll the single strip around it.
- Make all sticks like this.
- Now in a large pot boil enough water and drop the rolled sticks into the water.
- Boil 10-15 minutes.
- Now drain and transfer sticks into cold water. Leave it 5 minutes in cold water.
- After 5 minutes, drain off the soya chaap sticks.
And your homemade soya chaap sticks are ready to cook. You can use it in any recipe.
Also Read Amazing Dahi Vada Recipe by Pooja Tiwari
- Soak the soya beans overnight or minimum of 8 hours.
- You can use wheat flour instead of maida for a healthier option.
- You can use these soya chaap sticks in any gravy in place of paneer also.
- Refrigerate and store soya chaap sticks in a zip lock bag or airtight container for a week and use it as required.