Hindon airport is located in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. This is a civil enclave in the district which originally belongs to the IAF or the Indian Air Force authority. This second commercial airport comes after Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International airport.
Facts about the airport
The following are some of the facts about the Hindon airport –
1) The first commercial flight from Hindon took off on the 11th of October 2019.
2) The Prime Minister of India, Sri Narendra Modi inaugurated the terminal passage of the Hindon airport at the cost of Rs.40 crores on 8th of March
3) The first flight had taken off to Pithoragarh.
4) The airport aims to reduce the number of passengers at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International airport.
The structure of the airport
- The enclave has been built on 7.5 acres in the Sikandarpur village of Sahibabad.
- The building is pre-engineered
- It is an air-conditioned building
- The building has eight counters
- It has a capacity to serve 300 passengers
It is always necessary to know the closest metros and connected roads nearby the airport so that getting into the airport becomes easy and convenient. There are a few metro stations nearby the airport like,
- Dilshad Garden
- Major Mohit Sharma Rajendra Nagar Metro Station
These are located 5 km away from the airport.
Airlines and destinations
- The star air and air heritage are the major airlines operating in the Hindon Airport. They land up in Hubli and Pithoragarh.
- These airlines have tremendously helped in engaging half of the passengers of Delhi airport, thereby, reducing the overcrowdedness in the Delhi Airport.
- Heritage Aviation had planned to launch flights to various destinations, including Shimla, Dehradun, Gulbarga, Faizabad, etc.
- The UDAN scheme of the government of India is also operated and connected to Hindon Airport as a result of which, many cities will be connected with the airport.
The airport has tight security around it who is well trained and employed to carry out the tasks pretty well.
The ticket prices are quite affordable, and the services are better than any other with this pricing. Thus, it is recommended to try out the air services from Hindon airport in order to gain proper knowledge about the same.